Our Better Connected™ Evinrude Complete NMEA Bundle is perfect for you, if you own 2006 or newer Evinrude Outboard that is a 40HP+ engine, and a fish finder from Lowrance, Simrad, Humminbird, or Garmin.
Firstly, you need a Fish Finder with NMEA capability:
- Elite Series
- HDS Series
- GO Series
- NSX Series
- NSS evo3S Series
- NSO evo3S Series
- GPSMAP Series
- ECHOMAP Series – All Current Models. Please contact us if your Echomap is an earlier model than 2015. We need to ensure there is support for NMEA 2000.
- Solix Series
- Apex Series
- See Fish Finder “Complications” notes for earlier Helix series
Secondly, your Outboard needs to be 2006 or newer, and 25 HP or higher HP.
This Evinrude Complete NMEA Bundle contains absolutely everything you need to connect your fish finder to your engine.
With this kit, you will see fuel consumption rate, oil pressure, engine temperature, RPM, alternator voltage, fuel pressure, water pressure, and engine hours.
Your new NMEA network is also an essential part of your trolling motors auto pilot capability with your fish finder.
You can also grow the system by adding other devices later as you want.
For further information on Marine Electrical DIY Tips, try our YouTube Channel:
Finally, we love talking engines, fish finders, and networking. If you need help, please email us and we can help:
Fish Finder “Complications”
- Humminbird Helix series forces you to buy not one, but two additional, proprietary cables to connect the NMEA capability to the NMEA Network. In Conclusion, these are prohibitively expensive and almost justify a fish finder upgrade to a higher series to save overall cost.
- Sorry, the Lowrance Hook Series, and most of the smaller Garmin fish finders do not have NMEA networking.
- SIMRAD Cruise Series is not NMEA capable.
- Please contact us directly if you are using one of the following discontinued Garmin fish finders: echoMAP CHIRP 52cv, echoMAP CHIRP 52dv, echoMAP CHIRP 53cv, echoMAP CHIRP 53dv, echoMAP CHIRP 54cv, echoMAP CHIRP 54dv, echoMAP CHIRP 55cv, echoMAP CHIRP 55dv, ECHOMAP Plus 62cv, ECHOMAP Plus 64cv and ECHOMAP Plus 65cv. These models require an adapter cable that was included with the product. If you no longer have this cable, this kit will additionally require Garmin PN 010-12445-10. Since this is a proprietary Garmin cable, we do not stock it.