This is our Tohatsu Outboard Complete NMEA Bundle for Tohatsu Outboards and most Lowrance/Simrad/Garmin/Humminbird Fish Finders.
All Tohatsu Outboards which are 2014 four stroke or newer, and 25 HP, and up in power are compatible with this kit. SOME Tohatsu EFI 2 Strokes and SOME HP Ranges 2011 and newer are compatible, as well. Please contact us for help determining if your outboard has the necessary connections.
Firstly, you need a Fish Finder with NMEA capability:
- Elite Series
- HDS Series
- GO Series
- NSX Series
- NSS evo3S Series
- NSO evo3S Series
- GPSMAP Series
- ECHOMAP Series – All Current Models. Please contact us if your Echomap is an earlier model than 2015. We need to ensure there is support for NMEA 2000.
- Solix Series
- Apex Series
- See Fish Finder “Complications” notes for earlier Helix series
Secondly, your Outboard needs to be 2014 four stroke or newer, and 25 HP, and up in power.
In addition to the newer four stroke models, this kit also works with the following Tohatsu outboard motors:
2014 and newer:
BFT60A, BFTW60A, BFTW75A, BFT90A, BFTW115A, BFT150A, BFT200A, BFT225A, BFT250A
2015 and newer:
All MFS Series 25HP up, and many MD series, such as MD40B2, MD50B2, MD75C2 MD90C2, MD115A2. Others may be compatible. Please contact us if your engine is not in this list and we will check if it is supported.
This Tohatsu Outboard Complete NMEA Bundle contains absolutely everything you need to connect your fish finder to your engine. You can also easily expand this network later if you install more electronics on your boat that has NMEA 2000 capability.
With this kit, you will see fuel consumption rate, oil pressure, engine temperature, RPM, alternator voltage, fuel pressure, water pressure, and engine hours.
Keith, one of our customers, wrote a very nice review on this exact Tohatsu kit:
In addition, there is an additional, optional cable choice in the menus. However, it should only be added if you own a Tohatsu 25 or 30 HP Outboard. In other words, owners of any other Tohatsu Outboard do not need this additional cable. They only need the basic kit.
Lastly, you also have a choice between a fused, and an unfused power lead. Most boat owners will choose the fused lead, unless they are wiring power directly from a fuse panel. And that fuse panel contains an extra unused fuse location.
We love talking outboards and fish finders. If you have any questions, please drop us a line.
You can also grow the system by adding other devices later as you want.
Fish Finder “Complications”
- Humminbird Helix series forces you to buy not one, but two additional, proprietary cables to connect the NMEA capability to the NMEA Network. In Conclusion, these are prohibitively expensive and almost justify a fish finder upgrade to a higher series to save overall cost.
- Sorry, the Lowrance Hook Series, and most of the smaller Garmin fish finders do not have NMEA networking.
- SIMRAD Cruise Series is not NMEA capable.
- Please contact us directly if you are using one of the following discontinued Garmin fish finders: echoMAP CHIRP 52cv, echoMAP CHIRP 52dv, echoMAP CHIRP 53cv, echoMAP CHIRP 53dv, echoMAP CHIRP 54cv, echoMAP CHIRP 54dv, echoMAP CHIRP 55cv, echoMAP CHIRP 55dv, ECHOMAP Plus 62cv, ECHOMAP Plus 64cv and ECHOMAP Plus 65cv. These models require an adapter cable that was included with the product. If you no longer have this cable, this kit will additionally require Garmin PN 010-12445-10. Since this is a proprietary Garmin cable, we do not stock it.